UPDATE: DJI have since announced the new Zenmuse XT thermal imaging camera which they have developed with FLIR Imaging. Read more about it here.
Great news for DJI Inspire 1
owners and anyone who wants to get a thermal imaging camera airborne. Heliguy can now supply a FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red) camera upgrade
for the extremely versatile Inspire.
In collaboration with UK company Tectronik , we can supply a tiny, fixed FLIR camera, on-board recorder and transmitter plus an extra monitor for your Inspire's controller. The kit also comes with a remote controller for the camera for adjusting settings from the ground up to 1km away. It operates on a separate 868 MHz frequency while the video feed is on the normal 5.8 GHz FPV channels. Meanwhile the Inspire and its camera work on 2.4 GHz via DJI Lightbridge.
A special bracket has been designed to attach the FLIR just above the Inspire's camera gimbal so that it's pointing downwards at a 45 degree angle.
The whole set-up is self-contained and complete with its own power supply, rather like our FPV camera upgrade for the Inspire 1
. It records onto an SD card on a small, on-board, digital video recorder.
The TTCM-336-2 has resolution of 336 X 256.
Now for some superlatives. The cameras are, according to Tectronik, the smallest, lightest, uncooled, IP67 thermal cameras with a dedicated remote controller in existence.
• Industry leading image processing and temperature measurement.
• Adjustable image processing and enhancement modes for clearer imagery.
• Accurate temperature data for Radiometry, Video Analytics and Agronometrics.
• Isotherm thresholds to colourize temperatures of interest in the grey scale.
• 17 μm VOx FPA pixels for greater image detail. • High Sensitivity: <50mK@f1.0
• Low power - Can be powered using a single lithium 3.7v cell.
• IP 67 aluminium housing.
• Lightweight & functional design weighing 50g.
• Dimensions - 47mm x 34mm x 26mm.
• Remote control with additional image processing modes. Range 1Km (LOS).
Buy this complete thermal imaging camera set-up from Heliguy for just £5499 including fitting to your DJI Inspire 1.
[caption id="attachment_1279" align="aligncenter" width="555"]
The video transmitter and remote control receiver for the FLIR camera mounted at rear of Inspire.[/caption]