DJI Zenmuse p1
A powerful and precise drone surveying camera.
High-accuracy Aerial Mapping Solution
The DJI Zenmuse P1 is a high-performance, versatile surveying payload, engineered for DJI's flagship commercial drone, the M300 RTK.
The camera is integrated with a full-frame 45MP CMOS sensor with 24mm, 35mm, and 50mm lens options, and a 3-axis stabilised gimbal.
When combined with the M300 RTK drone and mapping software package, DJI Terra, the P1 camera provides an efficient and high-accuracy aerial photogrammetry solution.
Integrating the P1 with the M300 RTK dramatically increases productivity, being up to 10 times more efficient than the Phantom 4 RTK for both orthomosaic and oblique mapping missions.
The highlights include:
- 45MP full-frame CMOS.
- Achieve 3cm horizontal accuracy and 5cm vertical accuracy with no ground control points (3cm GSD, with 75% front overlap ratio and 55% side overlap ratio).
- High efficiency: 3km² area coverage during a single flight (3cm GSD, with 75% front overlap ratio and 55% side overlap ratio).
- 3-axis stabilised gimbal with Smart Oblique Capture.
- Mechanical Global Shutter (achieved by mechanical leaf shutter) - 1/2000s shutter speed.
- TimeSync 2.0: Synchronise flight controller, RTK, gimbal, and camera within milliseconds.
Key Features of the p1
Collect Quality Data - Quickly And Safely.
Multiple Operation Modes
The P1 camera has a range of operation modes to enable survey professionals to capture the best data possible.
- 2D Ortho: Collect accurate data quickly and easily, which meets the cadastral 1:500 and 1:1000 accuracy standards.
- 3D Oblique: The multi-angle oblique image data captured for 3D modelling is provided efficiently and concisely, which can be widely used in many industries such as urban planning, cadastral surveying, security command, etc, helping real-life 3D and smart-city construction.
- Detailed Reconstruction: High-resolution data images can be obtained efficiently, to help restore the fine texture, structure, and characteristics of the ground and objects. It can be widely used in fine building reconstruction, ancient building protection, water conservancy engineering, and geological surveys.
- Real-time Reconstruction: Combine with DJI Terra to obtain real-time geographic information of a large area to assist emergency rescue sites.
Smart Oblique Capture
Smart Oblique Capture allows the P1 to achieve comparable efficiency in oblique mapping missions compared to five-lense oblique payloads.
- Swing Pattern: When the P1 is performing a five-direction oblique mission, it will swing five directions at -60 degrees. It will only capture images inside the working area, boosting post-processing efficiency by 20%-50%.
- High Oblique Operation Efficiency: The P1 will perform the multi-angle swing shooting pattern to greatly improve operation efficiency on a single-lens camera. The area of operation with the P1 can reach 7.5 square kilometres (3cm GSD, 75% front overlap ratio, 65% side overlap ratio) in a single day.
- Greater Efficiency: The P1 has a higher efficiency in oblique missions compared to other single-camera payloads.
Multiple Premier Lens Options
A 35mm lens is suitable for most mapping missions, but if the drone needs to operate at a higher altitude while maintaining the same resolution, the 50mm lens option is available.
For lower altitude flights, the 24mm lens can be used.
The comparative Ground Sample Distance for the different lens options are:
- 24mm: GSD = H/55.
- 35mm: GSD = H/80.
- 50mm: GSD = H/120.
High Accuracy With TimeSync 2.0
Thanks to TimeSync 2.0, the P1 is capable of achieving really high accuracies of 3 cm horizontal and 5 cm vertical (3 cm GSD, with 75% front overlap ratio, and 55% side overlap ratio).
TimeSync 2.0 ensures the following:
- Millisecond-level exposure MEP capture.
- Millisecond-level synchronisation with camera, gimbal, flight controller, and RTK module.
- Real-time compensations: UAV position and orientation offset compensation; gimbal orientation offset compensation; and camera position offset compensation.
How The P1 Can Be Used In The World Of Enterprise
- Topographic Survey: Users can obtain 1:500 surveying level accuracy data sets without using any ground control points.
- Cadastral Survey: Obtain 3D point cloud or textured model for 1:500 surveying-level mapping.
- AEC: Quickly gather 2D and 3D data sets for design, operation, and maintenance phases within enterprise projects such as constructions, roads, bridges, transmission lines, and oil and gas pipelines.
- Natural Resources Survey: Collect aerial insights for forestry applications, such as species distribution analysis, and other information regarding natural resources, such as mountains, rivers, forests, fields, and lakes.
- Geological Disaster Survey: Collect high-accuracy geological disaster point data without putting operators into harsh environments. The DJI P1 changes the traditional survey method by making it easier and safer to capture data.
is the p1 dji's best surveying solution?
How the camera compares to the X7-M210 RTK V2 and the Phantom 4 RTK.
New Sensor Sets A New Standard
When it comes to collecting high-resolution survey data, the P1 integrated with the M300 RTK sets the bar high.
So how does it compare to DJI's other mapping solutions; namely the Phantom 4 RTK and the M210 RTK V2 paired with the X7 payload?
As the information below shows, the P1-M300 RTK combination brings a new standard to drone surveying, thanks to high-resolution data capture, longer flight times, greater ground coverage, and increased efficiency.
- Weight: 787g
- Lens Options: DJI DL 24 mm; 35 mm; 50 mm.
- CMOS: Full-frame (36*24 mm)
- GSD: 24mm, GSD = H/55; 35mm, GSD = H/80; 50mm, GSD = H/120.
- Pixels: 45MP
- Pixel Size: 4.4um
- Shortest Time Interval: 0.7S
- Efficiency: With M300 RTK - 43 minutes per set of batteries; Up to 10x more efficient than P4 RTK.
- Weight: 449g
- Lens Options (optimised for surveying): DJI DL 24 mm; DJI DL 35 mm.
- CMOS: S35 (23.5*15.7 mm)
- GSD: 24 mm, GSD = H/61; 35 mm, GSD = H/89.
- Pixels: 24MP
- Pixel Size: 3.9um
- Shortest Time Interval: 2.5S
- Efficiency: With M210 RTK V2 - 28 minutes per set of batteries; 1.2x more efficient than P4 RTK.
- Weight: 1391 g
- Lens Options: Fixed camera/lens. The lens has a focal length of 8.8 mm.
- CMOS: 1 inch (13.2*8 mm)
- GSD = H/36.5
- Pixels: 20MP
- Pixel Size: 2.4um
- Shortest Time Interval: 2.5S
- Efficiency: The P4 RTK has a fixed camera. Achieve 30 minutes of flight per battery.
p1 Surveying Workflow
Harness the power of the DJI ecosystem for an end-to-end mapping solution.
Stitch Drone Data Into DJI Terra
Benefit from the DJI surveying ecosystem by combining the M300 RTK, the P1 camera, the mapping software platform DJI Terra, and the DJI Pilot app for an end-to-end surveying workflow.
Data Capture: Plan mission using the DJI Pilot app with various flight options available. Deploy the DJI M300 RTK and the P1 camera to capture detailed and accurate data, quickly and safely.
Date Processing: Import the data set into DJI Terra to reconstruct models and maps.
Other P1 Features To Help With Workflow
The Fieldwork Report for the P1-M300 RTK solution is coming soon. It will have the following features:
- Field Inspection Report: After the flight is completed, a report will be generated to highlight information such as photo location, number of photos, RTK positioning status, and location accuracy, so that the pilot can confirm the quality of the field data on-site.
- Real-time Mapping: Using DJI Terra, generate a real-time map to chart mission progress.
- Payload Health Management System: Keep tabs on your equipment to ensure it is operating in optimal condition. The management system records the total use of the payload, charts the mechanical shutter and gimbal swing use times, provides an error log, and product maintenance suggestions.
Smart Data Management
This feature provides an intuitive, simple, and smart photogrammetry workflow. Key features include:
- All-in-one storage for images, GNSS data, and log files.
- Corresponding camera parameters, UAV parameters, and current RTK status are all automatically written into the image metadata.
- Auto-generated survey data folder with mission names and times.