Dual Sensor FunctionalityThe Zenmuse XT2 comes with two sensors:
- 4K, 12MP, 1/1.7" CMOS sensor for visual
- <50 mK @ f/1.0 thermal sensor with Tau 2 Thermal Core
Weather ResistanceThe Zenmuse XT2 also has a water-resistant casing, rated at IP44. This allows it to be used in all kinds of weather, a first of its kind from a DJI payload. The Zenmuse XT2 is perfectly suited to the DJI Matrice 200 Series, removing the previous weather limits that drones faced. This partnership is ideal for the needs of enterprise users who need to access their equipment at all times. [caption id="attachment_12106" align="aligncenter" width="600"] DJI Zenmuse XT Thermal Water Resistant[/caption]
New Smart Features on the Zenmuse XT2The addition of dual sensors means that the Zenmuse XT2 is collecting huge amounts of data. This data is used to create the following intelligent features on the XT2:
- Temperature Alarms - Get instantly notified when temperatures of a set object exceed your configured limits
- Heat Tracking - Lock on to the hottest objects in view to focus on crucial items
- FLIR MSX - Interpret data much more quickly using overlaid visual data from the Zenmuse XT2's visual sensor
- Real-Time Temperature Check - Tap any point or area in view to get an instant temperature reading
- Quick Track - Make complex missions simple by locking onto a chosen object with the Zenmuse XT2
- Isotherms - Set your focus on specific temperature bands to ensure you're flying an efficient mission
- Colour Palettes - Easily adjustable colour palettes
- Picture in Picture - Easily configure the right picture in picture options on the fly, with options including side by side, overlap and more
Which DJI Drones is the Zenmuse XT2 compatible withThis new dual sensor thermal solution is suitable for use with the following DJI Drones:
ApplicationsThe new Zenmuse XT2 is a valuable tool for a variety of different enterprise industries. The XT2 has been developed for use in the following sectors:
- Solar panel inspection
- HazMat investigation
- Search and rescue
- Roof inspection
Zenmuse XT2 VariantsThere are currently 12 variants of the Zenmuse XT2. Each model has varying lens sizes, resolutions and thermal frame rates. Check out the available models below: [caption id="attachment_12120" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Zenmuse XT2 Variants[/caption]
AvailabilityPricing and pre-orders for the new Zenmuse XT2 will be available in mid to late April. You can register your interest right now by clicking the button below:
DJI Payload SDKIn addition to announcing the new Zenmuse XT2, DJI also announced a new Payload SDK (Software Development Kit) for the Matrice 200 Series. This is a really significant moment as it opens up the DJI ecosystem to a whole host of new third-party payloads. This includes a huge variety of sensors, robotic components and much more. The availability to use third-party components opens DJI's platforms to unlimited possibilities. [caption id="attachment_12101" align="aligncenter" width="600"] DJI Payload SDK[/caption]
Payload SDK Key PointsThe Payload SDK is comprised of four different areas:
- Communication APIs - New protocols allow the payload to communicate with the internal systems on the Matrice 200 Series drone. This includes the remote controller, GPS, transmission and more.
- DJI SKYPORT - The adapter for the M200 Series to allow secure mounting of various payloads. SKYPORT allows communication between the drone and payload.
- External Payload - Various payloads from electromagnetic, robotic and much more can be installed on the M200 Series drone.
- Mobile App - Access real-time data, control your equipment, control settings and much more through a custom-built or DJI Pilot app.
Available PayloadsThere are currently two company payloads compatible with the new Payload SDK.
SLANTRANGE 3PXThe SLANTRANGE 3PX is an advanced payload for agricultural analytics. The 3PX uses multispectral imaging in order to provide insights into crop health, measurements in sunlight conditions and more. Data can be viewed real-time onsite for instant action or exported for further analysis, dependent on the needs of the user. A custom-built app is available for use with the Matrice 200 Series for controlling the remote controller, flight planning and much more.
Sentera AGX710The Sentera AGX710 combines the digital agriculture ecosystem of Sentera with the DJI M200 Series drones for precise data on crop health. The AGX710 allows you to capture real-time RGB and NDVI measurements that can be live-streamed. The AGX710 is compatible with the Sentera FieldAgent system for analytics, reporting and API integration. Data can be used for a variety of different agricultural needs. [caption id="attachment_12104" align="aligncenter" width="600"] Matrice 200 and Payload Possibilities[/caption]
SummaryThese two new products are key in developing DJI's position in the enterprise drone market. The Zenmuse XT2 is a huge improvement on the Zenmuse XT, offering more accurate data through the FLIR MSX. This information will clearly increase the functionality in the wide range of applications the XT2 is available for. The Payload SDK allows even the most niche payloads to be developed for their drones, solidifying even further the status of DJI's aircraft. DJI have vastly developed their enterprise ecosystem which will likely continue for many years in the future. [caption id="attachment_12103" align="aligncenter" width="600"] DJI Ecosystem[/caption]
To discuss any information from the above post or any DJI or Freefly product, please give one of our team a call on 0191 296 1024 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep checking back to Heliguy’s Insider Blog for more announcements, insights into drones and, of course, the latest news from the drone industry.