When you first unpack your new DJI Inspire 1
, the quadcopter will be in travel mode. Once you have unpacked it, fitted the battery, and powered up both the RC transmitter and the Inspire 1, toggle the gear switch 4 times to put the Inspire 1 into flight mode. It is now safe to install the 3-axis gimbal.
Travel Mode via DJI Pilot App
When you come to pack the Inspire 1 away, before turning everything off, carry out these easy steps to return to travel mode.
1. Remove the gimbal and camera
DJI Inspire 1 with camera removed and in flight mode
2. Tap the mode button of your DJI Pilot app
Within the Inspire app, hit the mode button and scroll to Travel Mode
3. Scroll down to enter travel mode
4. Tap this option, and select yes when prompted. The Inspire 1 legs will now rise into travel position.
DJI Inspire 1 in travel mode
5. Power off the Inspire and pack it away
DJI Pilot App not available on iOS
As you might be aware of, the DJI Pilot app, which is needed to enter the settings for the DJI Inspire 1, has disappeared from the iOS App Store. The app is also not available on the DJI website either.
At this time, the DJI Pilot app is only available on Android devices.